Sunday 2 January 2011

Upgrading talent

After a year and a half, we did things manually.In our final year 2010, we can do our project using 3D software. At least a much better view to see the real visuals.

The fifth project we did was to make a reception desk but include the space given.Only ground floor area. Imagining the place for customer service center.We were given four different types of concept to choose. eg. Egyptian, Water, Japanese and Brunei.

I chose Japanese concept because of their unique culture. Their live style,their language and their noble sports. I wanted to make the place a Japanese art and culture center, where people can learn the cultures of Japan.My concept for the reception desk would be the Samurai sword. Samurai sword is also known as 'Katana' in Japanese.A traditional sword worn by an honorable Samurai warrior.

The above picture is the first Mood Board I did for this project. A Japanese shrine with Sakura trees to show the Japan's environment. I also added some of the traditional fashion, foods and sports. But my teacher didn't agree on this Mood Board.It wasn't clear with the connection to the area. I agreed with him and make a new one.See the image below:-


I was inspired by a drawing I found in the internet where a Samurai was swinging his sword during sunset. So I tried to visualize it and this is what I have created. The trees shown in the picture are the Japanese Maple trees. Also known as ' Bonsai' in Japanese. I wanted to use the trees for my interior. The two samurai sword I use newspapers. I roll and flatten it.Paste it with tissue mix with PVA glue.Then spray it black.Inside I made the sword using a mounting Board and spray it silver.But sadly one of the sword was accidentally rip by my friend.I also wanted to use the color of the sunset for the interior. Finally my teacher likes it.

After I have done my research and my development.I did my 3D using Revit Architecture2009. The result was satisfying but it takes time to finish it.I was one day late.

My 3D presentation package. The background I put a blended samurai sword to show my concept. In this package I include a plan, one front elevation and two sections.I make the building gray to give some contemporary look with some traditional look.
The Left visual is the entrance. The interior has a warm texture to bring the warm colors of sunset. With Oak woods for the wall,making it contrast with the black granite tiles.The X shape floor are the two blades connecting together.The old Maple plant trees brings a complete look to the interior.

The right side visual is the reception desk.Three sided samurai blades at each corner,to separate the reception desk.Huge blades pop out from the floor to show the concept and an aggressive feeling.

My first 3D was a success but less detail. But I did my best and gave everything that was needed for the project.

0 comments:

Post a Comment