Monday 3 January 2011

3 Dimensioning the art

Our final project before we have our Interior Design Exhibition.

The sixth project is to make a coffee house on an empty area in Kiulap,  Bandar Seri Begawan. It was around 32m x 60m.We went to the area and made a site survey.Noted the facilities and the business competition around.


 The image I took from the site.It was empty and deserted but has many facilities.It has a fire brigade,drainage, boat stop, shops, bank and not far from the mosque,the hospital and the fire station.

All the images and the information about the area, we put in our feasibility report.We were given into groups.Each group has six member.We also collect samples of the grass,the rocks and the ground.We have to dig it deeper to see if the ground suited to be use.It was perfect.But when we did a presentation on our feasibility report,we got just pass because there is a lot of things we didn't include.It was our first time making one and we did our best on it.

When the feasibility report was done,we started focusing on how to make our coffee house with a themes.My concept is a star. A star has many different shape,but I chose the usual five pointed star and create it in a unique way. Below is my Mood Board for my coffee house.

My mood board was inspired by the glamorous red carpet style. I wanted to make my coffee house an luxury ,fun and high class. Not just restaurant can rated into a five star. Even a coffee house can. I wanted to put some entertainment in my coffee house by adding a mini stage for the customer to enjoy rather than just hearing through a radio or from a CD player.

A star doesn't mean just by the shape. It can also mean a Celebrity. Let the customer feel the star in them when they walk in and enjoy the celebrity lifestyle.

When I started to do my development, I had some problems creating my building. My teacher didn't agree on my idea.It was just a simple building with a shape of a star. I lost my hope. I had the idea but I don't know how to create it. Then one of my teacher who teaches architectural studies taught me what he did before to get a n idea. He drew two star and cut it. Then he folded each corner and put the other star on top. It did look like a star but in a unique angle. So I try and check the internet for more inspiration. I got inspired by a sharp edge building by Daniel Libeskind. His creation was unique and sharp. I was amaze and try to draw my building.

WD 1

WD2

The above image are some sample of my working drawing of my building. WD 1 is the Ground floor plan for my coffee house.If you focus it, it still look like a star shape. Inspired by the two folded star cut out paper. WD2 is the front view of my building. Still, with the star shape design. Inspired by Daniel Lisbeskind sharp building. With a triangle shape window and aluminium stripe layering it.

Below is my 3D exterior visuals I did using 3D Max 2009.

The side view


The Front View


The blue colour building was inspired by he dark blue nights of the sky. Also to give a comfort feeling. Most of the building around it are just light color building. So I gave a color that people can spot from far. The most unique part if people see from top view,they can see a titanium star shape roof.Below are the other visuals.

First Floor-
The first image is the sitting area for outdoor area. Usually for people who intends to smoke or enjoy the outside view.Second image is the chilling area,include sofa and coffee table. Consider a private area. Divided into two rooms.

Ground Floor-
The sitting area with a side bar at the corner to serve beverage.

The exterior image is to show how it would look like with parking area.

This is my last project for 2010. Will start another one for the final exhibition. But before that I will show another project I did for my computer subject that I did in the same time with this project.

0 comments:

Post a Comment