Wednesday 22 December 2010

Tough Luck to be success

After the 'O' Level result was out, I was dissapointed that I only score 3 'o's for November. How dissapointed my parents were. But my dad gave me hope. He said to me,'Doesn't mean once you fail,you can't rise up again'. So by that, I repeat another year in eleventh grade. I took June 'O' Level exam and still didn't score anything. But I kept in mind of his phrase and fight again to score it on November.I got 1'o's making overal 4'o's. But that wasn't enough.My parents were alright with it but my result wasn't enough to go to college. I tried applying to Maktab Duli, where they say it was a better college. But they didn't accept me. My dad wanted to help me and he call another college which is Maktab Teknik Sultan Saiful Rijal and ask if theres a courses that fits with my qualification. Sadly,they say there wasn't but there is for Pre-National Diploma for Radio electronics. My dad didn't want it.He didn't want me to waste one year to get to National Diploma. I felt truely dissapointed to myself that I crush my family's dream to see me success. But that didn't stop me for trying again.

In 2008, my dad wants me to apply night class and take 'A' Level classes. I know that would be a troublesome since I have no experience in learning A Level subjects. But for my family I'll try to do my best. In the same year, I also have private exam for 'O' Level. Atleast 1 'o's  to score into 5 'o's which is qualified to go to any college.It takes me nearly 3 years to get it. I also applied again for Maktab Teknik Sultan Saiful Rijal(MTSSR). But on Interior Design course.It was a very rushing year.

I took 'A' Level classes just for five months and had my exam on November. Again, I fail. As I would have guess. But lucky I took 'O' Level exam on June that time and unexpectedly I got 5'o's already.I felt relief with the result and I was thankful to my parents for always supporting me.

On May, I got a call from MTSSR and told me I had an interview for the Interior Design Course. I was surprize that I could still have a chance to be in a college. During the interview day,I brought some of my old highschool art portfolio to show what I am capable of. The first thing we were ask to ddo before the interview was to draw a still life prepared on the table. After that they call each of us to go to their office for individual interview. They ask what was I doing before I apply, Do I have problems with transport and If I have any problem with timing for submitting my work on time.After I answered all their question,they ask to see my portfolio.First, I showed some of my Still Life drawing which I have done at Highschool.

The above image are some of  my Still Life drawing that I did for my art exam before.I apologize for unclearing view.My camera has low megapixel. But just to show what I prepared for my interview.

This are also what I showed them. I love to draw potraits sinceI was in Highschool.But I drew this three months before my interview. I include this to show I can draw faces and even adding shadows.They did show some interest until I show this one unimmaginable drawing I did after I left Highschool.
This drawing was inspired by a Classic Romance novel I first read.The deeper I read it gets me inspired more. One of the interviewer likes this drawing and wish to take it and show it to the Ministry of Education but the other interviewer said no need of it. After a month,they call me and told me the most exciting news that I got accepted to the college. For all the hard journey to get to a college, I finally succed and relief my parents heart.

0 comments:

Post a Comment